+Wednesday, August 09, 2006+
Wow...

So a lot has transpired the past few days. And I do mean 'a lot'.

On the 6th, Mom and I went to see Heart, which was absolutely and completely amazing. I even got the Bassist & secondary guitarist's autographs afterwords!!

The show was phenomenal though, ESPECIALLY if you consider just how long Heart's been doing this and how old Ann & Nancy are getting. No, I'm not trying to be prejudiced based on age, what I'm saying is that if I can sing like Ann can when I'm over 50 years old, I will consider it one of the greatest and most amazing blessings that God has ever given me. We all know I take pride in my voice and I love to sing, and for those of you who don't know --- Ann Wilson's voice is the one I'd want if I could have any woman alive's voice. She has the MOST AMAZING VOICE EVER, and it's only gotten BETTER WITH AGE. I mean, I was fucking astounded that even after all these years, she sings better live than on CD's and shit. She is PHENFUCKINGOMENAL!!

And Nancy, HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She still jumps up and down, kicks her legs and does the splits! WHILE PLAYING THE FUCKING GUITAR!!! I mean, HOLY FUCKING HELL! HOW!?

It was just, WOW.

When they opened with Magic Man, tears pooled in my eyes as I looked past Mom to the stage, and I was just like "Fuck this, no, this is one of the greatest moments in my life, I'm not going to cry."

It was just so awesome to be there with my mom and knowing what I know. For those of you who don't know, my mom has only ever been to two concert's: She saw Heart when she was 15 (21 years ago) with my Uncle CJ, who died when I was three, and she saw Heart with me on August 6th (^-^) So, was a rather momentous occassion.

And it was just absolutely amazing standing there with her watching one of the greatest bands in the history of Rock 'n Roll, and basically you know, THE band that proved women can ROCK THE FUCK OUT performing their hearts out after ALL THESE YEARS and doing it in SUCH an amazing fashion!

Not to mention, it was a smaller arena..and we'd opted to pay the extra $$ to get our tickets upgraded, so we were like, FRONT AND CENTER for the concert! Our seats were like 50 feet away, IF THAT!! And we said "fuck it" and spent the majority of the concert UP AT THE STAGE. I was within like 10 feet of Ann at one point, and Mom was so close she could touch-her taking pics!!!

It was so fucking rawr!!

And oh my god, hahaha, after they did "These Dreams" and "Alone" (the only real slow songs they did), they started Barracuda, and HOLY SHIT....

We'd went back to our seats for a few, and these seats were TINY so I had to squeeze my ass in, but fuck, when I heard the first few chords of Barracuda, I FLEW out of my seat faster than you can say "FUCK!" and I was up headbanging my ass off and singing along for the rest of the show, which included "Crazy On You" and a couple others I can't remember.

I threw out my neck and shoulders, and while I feel alright now, for the past couple days I was a hurting pup, but SO FUCKING WORTH IT!!!!

What an awesome way to end the summer, and what a fucking phenomenal 19th birthday present, eh?

For those of you who don't know this: I wanted Heart to be my first concert, and I wanted it to be with my mom more than anything. That was such a special moment, I can not even tell you, and it SCREAMED just how far she and I have come in the past 6 years.

I may not have a lot of faith, and I may not be a big fan of God, but to whatever is out there: Thank you so fucking much for giving me this chance.

I didn't even know until a week before the concert that they were going to be you know, not 4-6 hours away, but only AN HOUR AND A HALF AWAY!!!!

And I didn't think we'd get to go. But, a few days after we found out, Mom said, and I quote "We're going to see Heart. Period." And I knew then we were going.

And we did. And it was one of the greatest days of my life. I will never, ever forget watching Ann and Nancy rocking their fucking asses off.

And to all the critic's who've bitched about Ann's ass over the years: Go fuck a tree full of bees and die. She's big, she's beautiful, and she can fucking rock harder than ANY SKINNY BITCH ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH! I love Melissa Etheridge, Stevie Nicks, and Lita Ford. They are my other female-rock icon's, and their voices are greater than great and they fucking rule, but there isn't one of them who can sing like her. Oh yeah, they can sing like nobody's business, but her voice can be the softest, most gorgeous of ballad's, or it can be harsh, abrasive, and fucking PERFECT for rocking out.

NOT TO MENTION SHE CAN PLAY GUITAR AND FLUTE!!! And she played the flute, took it away from her mouth, sang, played again...THAT'S FUCKING AMAZING!!!! Playing the flute is HARD AS SHIT, I know, I USE TO DO IT, let alone trying to sing after doing so!!! O.O

Personally, she's more beautiful than words could ever say. And no, she is *not* small, she's as big as my mom, if not more solid and bigger! And she's FUCKING GORGEOUS.

(^-^) HURRAAH!

Now for the bad news: My Hard Drive finally decided to tell me to drop dead.

It died.

Basically.

We've been doing everything we can to recover files from it, and right now I'm picking through the pieces of my life. And you know, I've been bitching about my lack of anonymity online...

But honestly I'm thanking God for it now. Because my life is strewn about online, and I can find bits and pieces that are very important and collect them and get them back even though my hard drive is dead.

*Sigh* I lost a lot, to be really honest, and I'm trying to calm down enough to accept it and just piece things together, but it's really hard and it's really bumming me out.

But maybe this is a sign I need to spend some more time working on things outside of the PC.

Like learning the guitar, maybe?

I've been saying for a long time I'd love to learn the guitar, but I had to face a rather shitty fact not-too-long ago.....my fingers are so short, I probably can't play.

But....

After seeing Nancy jamming out, and after my cousin bringing over Guitar Hero last night, I can't resist. I have to try.

Don't get me wrong, Guitar Hero is probably 100000000 times easier than playing the guitar for real, and I'm well aware of this. It's not the fact that I'm doing okay at guitar hero, it's that that feeling of being behind a guitar is incredible, and I love it, AND...

I was doing some interesting things measuring the neck and whatnot, and I think I honestly can play if I can find the right guitar.

So, I'm going for it.

I lost a lot of the files for my zine, which is driving me crazy, but I'm going to start over and try again.

What else is there to do?

So, wish me luck on playing guitar, getting my zine published, and writing a novel.

Viva la life.


posted by Manda @ 5:33 AM+


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *