+Thursday, August 03, 2006+
Woo, more excitement!

So, as most of you know, it's been one hell of a summer. My two vacation's were a lot more than I've done in one summer for awhile, and it's been very exciting. I won't lie, there are issues, as some of you know, but honestly, it's been great.

Well, I'm about to get the perfect end to this most exciting of summers!

On the 6th, My mom & I are going to see Heart in concert! (^-^)

Now if you don't know who Heart is, go Google and start hitting iTunes. You're fucking deprived.

If you do, read on!

The only concert my mom has ever been to was Heart, and it was with my Uncle CJ, who died when I was 3. I've always wanted to see them in concert with her, because frankly, it'd be really cool for my first concert to be the same as hers, and not only that, but it's something really special between the two of us. We both absofuckinglutely love them and when we found out they were going to be only 2 hours away doing a concert, there was no question: We were going no matter what.

So, this is my birthday present from Mom & Dan (^-^) Can we say "best fucking present EVER!"? Yes, yes we can.

I am so unbelievably psyched about this, I can't even tell you guys.

I mean, if it gives you any kind of indication, I haven't bought CD's in quite some time, generally, I burn them, or friends give me burned CD's, whatever.

But buying a CD? Pssh. Last time I did that was last April when Lifehouse's newest one came out, and before that, I'm not sure I could tell you. I *think* it was Nirvana's "Nevermind" back when I was in like, 10th grade.

But anyways! I started buying CD's again recently.

When I got back from Texas (the night I got back), I bought Foo Fighters "In Your Honor", which, for 12 bucks, was a steal since it's a two disk set. And Foo Fighters just fucking rock. At the time, Wal-Mart didn't have any Heart, so I couldn't nab any.

Well, while I was there a few days ago, I managed to find "The Essential Heart" (2 CD's, one with 18 songs, the other with 19), for only 16 bucks!!! I lost it and HAD TO HAVE IT.

And frankly, they are two of the greatest CD's I've ever heard, let alone owned. They're comparable to Nirvana's "Unplugged In New York" & Alice In Chains "Unplugged", which are fucking orgasmic. I mean, I'm a Nirvana *JUNKIE* and Unplugged is my fav of their albums, and I've quickly become an Alice In Chains nutter, too, and I'm completely in love with their Unplugged album.

So anyways, yeah....Heart's just completely amazing. I could listen to them and never, ever get tired. Anne Wilson, the lead singer, has a voice that just makes me wanna' moan, scream, laugh, cry...just....AMAZING. And her sister, the lead guitarist, can rock out like you would not believe.

So, yeah, I'll definately be writing an entry about how kick ass it was (^-^)

*bounces* Hoorah, Heart!

And in other good news...I've been having a blast playing RO on the Underworld RO server.

Ree's a GM there, which is interesting, because *everyone* knows him, so when I talk about him, it's pretty funny, heh.

But yeah, it's a great server, and the people are all pretty spiffy and I'm having a really good time making friends and hanging out.

To top it off, I was talking to Ree one night and mouthing him a bit, just having fun, and the other GM, Loki, was like "O.O" and I was like "Loki, Kurenai is one of my best friends, I'm teasing him". And he was like "Oh, okay", then he pulled me aside in private and asked who I was (who my other characters were, etc.) and it turned out, Ree had already talked to me about him, which was odd, hehe, but...

Then he introduced himself by his real name to me, and we got to talking, and he's just downright an awesome person. He reminds me a lot of me and it's just been awesome having him around. He's a great friend, especially for only having known me for two days, and honestly, I feel privledged to know him. It's just totally awesome.

So yeah, new friendness! You'll probably hear more about Loki-ness at some point or another, because frankly, we've become fast friends and I adore him (^-^)

Anyways, toodles!

-Manda


posted by Manda @ 6:06 AM+


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *