+Saturday, April 29, 2006+
There are things that irriate me...

And then there are things that downright horrify me.

A 17 year old girl in Indiana was tricked into entering a "Crisis Pregnancy Center" which shared it's parkinglot with a Planned Parenthood clinic. The socalled "Crisis Pregnancy Center" was owned by an Anti-Abortion group who took the girls personal information, pretended to make her an appointment which she would go to at their "other office", and then turned this poor girls life into a nightmare.

When she went to the real Planned Parenthood clinic, which they "CPC" claimed was their "other office", they, obviously, had no record of any appointment, and the police were also at the center, because the "CPC" had told them that the girl was being forced to have an abortion!

These people harassed this girl by coming to her home, calling her father's work, encouraging student's at her school to discourage her from having an abortion, and so on and so forth, until this poor girl was afraid to leave her house.

That's a vilation of privacy and of this girls rights as an American Citizen. This poor girl was already in a world of trauma, because I'm sorry, there are very few people who can go through an abortion without a care in the world, let alone being a teenager facing such a choice, and these people abused her mentally and emotionally ontop of what she was going through. I'm sorry, but that's NOT a loving, kind approach. Peaceful protests, fine. It's your right to speak your mind....but...that kind of thing should be illegal. False advertising, HULLO!

I can only imagine what that poor girl must have went through, as I've been in a somewhat similar situation, though for different reasons...but.....

My heart goes out to her, and I hope that any of you reading this will join me in doing everything we can to help ensure that things like this are prevented in the future. Please visit http://www.ppaction.org/campaign/fakeclinics to find out what you can do to help.

(Please note, I found out about this through a PP Action Alert Email, so I don't have a newspaper source, but I'm sure you can find the story on their website).

Hopefully this will help in some small way.

*sigh* This...is one of the reasons I go balistic about the world around me...it hurts so badly to know that this kind of thing is allowed. =(

~Manda


posted by Manda @ 3:14 AM+


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *