+Friday, July 22, 2005+
O.O I'm getting a life, o. m. g.

HOLY SHIT I'M IN COLLEGE!

Yes, that's right, yesterday we went and turned in all my paperwork and whatnot, and I can still get in, woot! I have to get my 2 proofs of my MMR imunizations in by August 8th (Freshman orientation) though, or I'm screwed. That shouldn't be too hard though.

Anyways, when we went to turn my FAFSA into the Financial Aid Advisor, she looked at my GED & ACT Scores and kinda looked at me funny and was like "Have you applied for the Academic Distinction Scholarship yet?" And my mom and I were like "errm, um...no?"

Apparently, anything over a 610 composite on the GED is considered "excellent" (I got 662), and my composite 24 on the ACT is considered so as well. O.O I was really kind of shocked that. I had no idea.

Anyways, she gave me the papers to fill out for the Scholarship, and I did so. And she said that basically, she's not sure if they've still got money in that scholarship fund (it's ASUMH funded), but she's pretty sure they do.

And what the AD Scholarship Does is this ---- All my classes, paid for. Period. O.O Except for an 8 dollar per credit hour fee, but like she said, government funding via my FAFSA will pick that up, as well as my books.

*Bounces around* And here I thought I was a dunce (^_^) Sorry, not trying to brag, it's just nice to know that I did in fact do well *weak smile*

I'm just really excited. I'm Academically Distinct, and I didn't even know it!

ROFL.....the woman was explaining the FAFSA to us, and basically explaining what my report will mean when I get it, and explaining the number in the top right corner. She said if we score 3800 or higher, I can't get the Pell Grant, but I can get other fin-aid.

But....we're broke, my dad is a DICK who refuses to give me any help (ha ha mother fucker, hope you like having to pay the 14 grand in back child support, ASSHOLE!), and I'm almost positive I can get the Pell Grant. And, if the Pell Grant is only picking up 8 bucks per credit hour and my books, there might be enough left over to help me put towards a car, though that's probably what the back child support is going to go to. (Please, Goddess, let mom get the back support filed in court before I turn 18!) Anyways....yeah...*breaths* A laptop and a cell phone would be nice...because, well...yeah, Laptop for work, obviously, and while a Cell Phone may not seem like necessity......it will be once I get my own car. See, for now, I'm car-pooling with Lexi back and forth. (Mom'll drop me off at her place in the mornings, and then I ride with Lex). Until I can get my license, that's the most convenient option. And I trust Lexi's driving & she's got a cell phone, so no problems there.

But once I'm driving myself back and forth.....I'll need a cell phone for emergencies, 'cause, yeah, I don't trust myself behind the wheel one fricking bit.

Anyways, in other news, we went out with Katelyn Wednesday night, which was a blast. (Katelyn is one of the girls that works at the Subway at the gas station Adam works at, she's a total doll, I love her to death). We were going to go bowling, but it was "League Night" and the "League" needed all 16 lanes. So, we went to the movies and saw the Fantastic 4. AWESOME movie!!

LOL awww..just as I finished that last sentence, Katelyn called from work to tell me congrats on getting into college and that she misses me (I spent Saturday & Sunday night at work with Adam, so I saw her a lot between then and Wednesday). lol Adam doesn't brag much, does he?

Lol. Katelyn is insisting that when mom gets back (she's gone for the Weekend in Texas visiting Chris) and we have transportation we *have* to call her and get together. Not that I'd complain, lol.

Oh, and last weekend, while I was hanging out in Subway with Katelyn, I met one of her friends, who in turn became one of my friends. His name's Michael, but we all just call him Shadow. He's a total doll. He's kind of the token black boy of Flippin, lol, or at least, the only one who doesn't hide. He's such a sweetheart. He's married and has a son, and while his wife drives him nuts, he's still really good to her and such. He works down at the little uh.."Drug Store & Soda Fountain" known as Sodie's, and apparently they sell different gifts and whatnot, and he found this Celtic necklace down there he's going to grab for me (he gets 50% off) and just have me pay him back. Woot. (He saw my Pentacle Ring that Ree gave me when he and I first met at Subway, and we got to talking about Wicca and stuff, and his family has been into it for years and years and stuff. It's pretty cool to know someone else around here like that. Anyways, moving on!)

That's the basics of what's happening as of late, and well, I'm also working on getting back into Wicca and getting my faith figured out. I know what I believe, but godamnit I need faith and I want it badly. And I know I'm going to need a lot of strength to get through college the next few months.

Anyways....I'm off for now, that's what's up.

*Hugs & Kisses*
~Manda


posted by Manda @ 7:32 PM+


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *