+Saturday, April 30, 2005+
*sigh* Condemnation..

So, I woke up around three today, read some more of my book (it's no wonder The Beebo Brinker Chronicles are in Triangle Classics, they're fabulous! Ann Bannon is a Goddess!), and then go ton the computer. *sigh*

A few minutes ago my friend Billy told me that he's upset with his father because not only will his father refuse to let him speak to me or Ree, but also has the nerve to condemn me and Henry to basically the deepest pitts of hell.

Now, let me note...Billy (I call him that, everyone else calls him Bill), is a an 11 year old staunch conservative from hell. And he's a Christian. And yes, he has those typical traits, and while it can be hard to deal with him since any time we try to have any kind of debate with him concerning politics, there's the chance he'll think we're insulting his parents, even if we're not. But, the three of us have made a pact not to talk politics or religion.

But anyways....he apparently told his father about Ree being Pagan, and my being Bi, and his father forbade him from talking to us and told him he was too young to understand "Molestors and evil people in this world" =P Bill is an extremely intelligent 11 year old. Trust me, he's not too young to understand "evil". But Henry and I are no more evil than a caterpillar.

I mean seriously..yeah, I love women, but that doesn't make me *evil* or a "Molestor"....grr.

It normally wouldn't bother me, but this kid is a really nice kid. I mean, yeah, he's a Conservative, and very firm in some of his beliefs (Thankfully he doesn't feel like his father and think we're evil). It just...this kid doesn't deserve this. He's learning about things he shouldn't be much too young...and from his own father. Hatred, bigotry, hypocrisy (his father preaches of tolerance and equality and forgiveness), and intolerance, and it just pisses me off that this kid is having to deal with this, just because his father's like this.

I mean, yeah, it could be said that it's Henry and I's fault for being friends with him, but it's not like we can rightly just up and change who we are. *sigh* And I'm sorry, we shouldn't have to. Grr..

Anyways, I'm just very ticked off at the intolerance in this world. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about that at the moment.

Oh well...someday...someday I'll end it. Or die trying.


posted by Manda @ 5:56 PM+


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *