+Thursday, January 27, 2005+
*cheers* Go Journey *sad smile*

This Saturday (the 22nd), I was sitting in bed listening to the radio while Adam slept beside me...and I heard the first notes of Journey's "Faithfully". (Journey is my all time favorite band for those of you who pay no attention to a word I say lol).....

Anyways...as it's starting, I hear the DJ Mention that Journey had gotten their star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I started crying I was so happy, and I guess it wasn't quiet crying because Adam woke up and was like "What's wrong?" and when I told him, he smiled and started crying too. And we hugged and listened to the song (it's "our song") while singing it softly to eachother, and being happy as little clams.

I kept hoping Steve Perry (the former lead singer, who helped make the band the #1 band of the 80's, and who I might note, has the most beautiful voice in the world, and who is the only person besides Adam who can always put a smile on my face) was there...and today I finally decided I had to know, so I looked it up online...

And he was...he was there...and he got one of the replica plaques, and he signed autographs, and spoke to the crowd....and he got the recognition he deserves....

It pisses me off so bad that some people don't even know who he is. I mean, Journey fans who know the current band...some of them have no clue who Steve Perry is. It's like O.O >.<

Steve Augeri replaced him...and while he's not a bad singer...he is in no way shape or form *MY* Steve. Steve Perry has the most amazing voice ever, and it's such a horrible shame that he had to quit Journey. (He was a part of the group for 20 years...and he *had* to quit because of severe health issues, not to mention a lot of emotional things that went on around the time he got very sick).

*sigh* I just...hate the fact that people don't know who the greats are. The best "incarnation" of Journey ever was, and in my opinion, still is: Steve Perry on Lead Vocals, Neal Schon on Guitar, Ross Valory on Bass, Jonathan Cain on Piano, & Steve Smith on drums. (Which is why it was THIS incarnation that came back together to make Trial By Fire in 1996 =P

I'd like to note that that line up was there for the ceremony. All five of them. When I saw the picture, I couldn't help but cry.

I'm sure there are those of you going "WTF they're just a band, why do you get so worked up over it?" But....most people can't quite grasp what this band means to me. Their music reaches every inch of my body. Adam & I's joint present for our 1 year Anniversary was the "Journey's Greatest Hits Live" DVD, which was full of music video's and concert video's from 1977 to 1997 (the time period while Steve was at the helm). The first couple weeks we had it, I watched it non-stop, and I don't like watching movies. But I'd get up and dance and just have a blast watching the guys perform. And that is where I get my stubborn opinion of what the best Incarnation is. But anyways......if it tells you anything, Adam's first present to me was a burnt copy of his "The Essential Journey" CD's :)

I don't know if they're his absolute favorite band, but I know he loves them almost as much as I do....

They're a band that wasn't just for money or fame. They were about the music and the fans. And, I think deep down, they still are. I mean, most of the guys are in their 50's...and they're still doing concerts, making CD's, etc. They're really amazing. They all have the money to live comfortably forever....but...they still keep going..

Anyways....that just...was a huge moment for me...but then again, Journey is a huge part of my life. Laugh at me if you wish, I'll roll my eyes at you.

*smiles* I'm going to go sing along with Steve now. Ciao.

~Manda


posted by Manda @ 9:44 AM+


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *